Incredible opportunity for a talented date engineer to help us build customer-facing mobile apps, web apps and services.
- Design, build and operate a highly scalable and extensible big data platform which enables collection, storage modeling, and analysis of massive data sets from various data sources
- Collaborate with product designers and front end designers on the design of our data visualization tools
- Be our in-house big data guru
- Be an awesome teammate
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent
- 5+ years experience developing software
- 3+ years experience developing big data solutions using various data technologies
- Hands-on experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, HBase, HDFS, Hive, Presto, Pig, Kafka, DynamoDB, Redshift
- Deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure and platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience delivering data solutions in the consumer retail domain
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
Qualities we'd like to see in you:
- A passion for all things data.
- Mad data modeling and coding chops, devops skills
- Ability to walk the line between doing it right and getting it done
- Agile and self-driven. You've worked at a startup and are able to work in an unstructured, ambiguous environment.